Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Organic Local Cucumber Seeds Growing Fast!

The organic cucumber seeds from Cubit's Organics! Notice the cucumber
seedlings sprouting in the background.
I ordered these seeds a few weeks ago from Laura at Cubit's Organics (located in Toronto) that I found on Etsy.com and finally decided to plant them June 6, just 8 days ago. I followed the instructions on the back of the packet. I used a 7" deep by 7 1/2 x 24" plastic container (I am looking into finding non-plastic light containers for the future) and filled the soil to about 5 - 5 1/2" in the container. I added some shredded seedling containers under the soil so give additional drainage. I planted the seeds 1" deep (more or less) and I think there may be more than the suggested 6 seeds per square foot.  It says to be careful not to over water so I am paying attention to do just that. I have feed the seeds at least once with Better World plant food. 

Cucumber seedlings fast to germinate in just a few days! They are in the right
basket. To the left of them is romaine lettuce. At top lettuce ready to harvest
with a transplanted cucumber potted just underneath the sprouting and
growing cucumber seedlings. Good ole chives to the far right. 
Well, today is June 14 and the little seedling are growing strong!  I'll keep you posted on their further growth developments. 
Until then you can order your own fantastic Toronto organic vegetable, herb and fruit seeds from Laura at http://www.etsy.com/people/cubits
Let her know I sent you when you do and I promise, you won't be sorry.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment