Monday, July 4, 2011

The Muse is My Balcony Garden

The Balcony Gerber in oils!
I am loving my balcony garden and all the reference shots and drawing and painting from life opportunities it gives me. I thought I'd share one of the "A Painting a Day"one hour paintings I have done inspired by the surprising resilient Gerber Daisy. Maybe it's the Better World plant food and consistent care (like watering) but I have never been able to keep a gerber alive very long. Amazing!

If you'd like to see more of my "A Painting a Day" oil paintings check out my blog at http://whereartdreamscomeintobeing.blogspot.com/ There's a new one everyday so come back each day to see what is new, if you'd like.

And by the way, I found some aphids the other day. Was Johny-on-the-spot with the insecticidal soap and pruned the most heavily infested portions of two plants. I think I have held them in check but you never know with these little white imps. Checking daily and so far, all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment