Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Profusion of Snapdragons!

This grouping of snapdragons inhabit one box. They have grown both
in size and have quadrupled their blossoms. 
 A few weeks earlier
Honestly, I even though I love snapdragons, I usually pass them by as once I plant them they bloom a bit and then die. But, I decided to try again this year. I planted these, each a single plant (one pink, one white and one fuchsia) and my God they've not only survived but thrived! This is what they looked like after about 3 weeks worth of feedings of Better World. I did find some aphids in the white one and pruned the most heavily infested portion and then sprayed with insecticidal soap (non-toxic). Luckily, it looks like they're gone but you have to be vigilant.

I am so happy with how the all the flowers are looking in their railing baskets. I could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment