Saturday, April 23, 2011

FINALLY we have peas coming up!

Well the weather has been cold since I planted back on the 9th of April I believe. Today was the first really nice day we had (19ºC) and windy with partly sunny conditions. By 4:45 I went out to check on the containers and lo and behold, I saw three nubs of pea shoots coming up! I watered them with left over kale steaming water and the rest with regular water that was sitting outside against the wall so it warmed up a bit before I watered the rest of the containers.

So we'll see if anything else shows tomorrow but the winners, the first on the scene are the regular peas. They are organic and from Saskatchewan from an organic grower in the area close to Saskatoon.

I'll post if anything comes through tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment