Thursday, April 14, 2011

Planting Radishes in a balcony container.



This is the first post on my Toronto balcony gardening blog. Today is April 14th and I just planted some radish seed in a long planter basket. The sun is shining on the balcony now which is west facing. I read in my travels that in order to have some success in balcony gardening you should have a south or west facing balcony. This is the third season I will be attempting to grow food on my balcony.

I will post my successes and failures in hopes that it will help you with your balcony container gardening if you live either in an apartment or condo. I am on the 19th floor and things get pretty windy so we'll see how this year goes!

It doesn't look like much, but here are the containers planted. Lettuce close to the wall and radishes in front of it.

This is a great little bit of information on growing radishes
http://www.westcoastseeds.com/how-to-grow/vegetable-seeds/Radishes/

No comments:

Post a Comment